Monday, April 14, 2014

Shawarma House

Today I decided I'd pick a little something up from Shawarma House over on the corner of Howard and W. Michigan, behind Two Fellas Grill. Since I had no idea what Shawarma was, I decided I'd eat that. I ordered a chicken shawarma from the nice fellow at the restaurant. The man was very friendly and treated me like a friend he had not seen in years. He asked me how my day was, harassed me when I said I was tired by saying "You're too young to be saying that!", and was very cheery about his own day, saying it was "better than perfect". While we were talking he made my chicken shawarma which consisted of an assortment of condiments, pickles, cucumbers, and the shawarma itself. Shawarma is a preparation of the meat where they put it on a "spit" (Tall, vertical rotisserie) that slowly cooks the meat, in this case, chicken. It is of middle-eastern origin and leaves you with awful breath. I wish I could have talked to the main man in the kitchen more but he was quite busy with the customers they had. 10/10 would definitely go again.

1 comment:

  1. I have eaten here pretty often. You can get fancier at some of the other Middle Eastern places in town...

    ReplyDelete